About Customer Credit
Selling credit to your customers is the fastest way to simplify payment and reduce costs.
When recording payment on the Orders list (the first tab when you click Harvests in the nav bar) you can select 'Customer Credit' as the payment method. This will deduct the order total from the customer's credit balance. A negative credit balance is allowed.
To view the credit balance of your customers, go to the customers page.
Combining Customer Credit with Auto Pay in VeggieCropper reduces the time needed to track payments.
Three steps to setting up & Using Customer Credit:
Step 1 - Create a credit unit:
- Click on the ... More menu next to your initials and select Units
- Select 'Credit Units'
- Select + Credit Unit and complete the details. After saving, you can add a photo to a credit unit.
Credit Unit Fields
- Credit Unit Name - This is the name of the broad category like 'CSA Share'
- Unit Type - This is the sub-category like 'Small' or 'Large'
- Price per Unit - This is the price the customer will pay and the amount of credit that will go into their account
- Description - The description will show with the unit on the online order form
- Add Image - Each credit unit can have one photograph that is shown beside the unit on the form and enlarges when clicked
Step 2 - Sell the credit unit:
Credit units will appear at the bottom of your units list in the crop unit drop-down on online order forms or harvest lists. Credit units can be sold along side crop units.
Online Order Form
You can create an online order form that includes credit units that customers can purchase by adding the credit units to the form.
You can manually create orders for credit units by creating a harvest, assigning a customer, and adding a unit from the drop down. The credit unit can only be a pack amount, do not add credit units for harvests, they will not show in harvests.
Step 3 - Taking payment using credit units
The credit unit price is not included in the total order value but is included in the balance due. This is because the order can be paid from the credit unit that was purchased with that order.
To take payment for a credit unit:
- Click Harvests
- Select 'Balance Due' for the order that includes the credit unit
- Add the payment and payment method for the credit unit
- Click Save
If additional products were purchased with this order:
- Click the updated 'Balance Due'
- Add an additional payment using 'Customer Credit' as the payment method.
- Click Save
- Click on 'Paid' to see the remaining credit and credit used as well as the payment for the credit for this order.