Finish: Additional steps and tools to next level your crop plan
You made it! Well done.
The best part about VeggieCropper's free crop planning tool is that next year you can crop plan in 1/4 of the time by duplicating your season and adding a year to all of your planting dates. A few tweaks based on this year and you will be rocking in no time.
When you are ready to take a look at your crop plan again, consider the following:
Here are some additional steps you might want to consider and opportunities to go deeper:
- Adding Cover Crops - Add cover crops to your crop plan to create a system of planting them.
- Matching planting bed feet to mapped bed feet - Here is a workflow to reduce the back and forth while crop planning
- About Crop Graphs - Here are all of the graphs you can use to tweak your crop plan in one spot
- Calculating flats and greenhouse space - See your transplant flat needs in time
- Consider running your crop plan by a peer or a consultant and ask questions to poke holes and see what happens. It is highly likely that you will see sides to your plan that will pay dividends
- Review the pro tips in steps 1-4 to see if there are any areas that could use more attention
Evan and I love talking crop planning and VeggieCropper, reach out any time. VeggieCropper is flexible and we enjoy finding solutions to your issues to make sure you get the most out of your time using VeggieCropper.
If you want one-on-one crop plan-specific advising, check out Evan's consulting page amongst the other well-seasoned consultants out there. Having a document like your crop plan to discuss with a consultant or peer is a great way to focus their time, questions and feedback.